Life and Times

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Today is Henry Lee Roy Birch's Day

My dad was born today. He would have been 76 years-old. For all the things I remember I know that one thing I remember was that he always wanted to talk and be with me. I am from a family of 8 kids so getting alone time with either parent was a rarity. Dad always spent time with me. When I was married and living away from home he would come from Crescent and come by Kowloons just to say hi to me and then spend the weekend with me. Those are days to remember. When he would come into Kowloon I was so surprised because he never called and said he was coming. I would make him his favorite drink. It was Vodka, Galliano, and orange juice. He love them. I would order him some BBQ pork and we'd visit for a while and then he would go to our house for the weekend. Sometimes just to hang out and sometimes to do things for me like hang blinds and such crap like that. Those were special times for me.
Dad we will will always remember and love you. You were an individual and a person that I loved. No matter what faults we all have we remember the good when someone is gone. I remember!

1 Comments:

  • At July 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What really seems strange to me is that he has been gone for such a long time and yet I can hear his voice, smell the way he always smelled, and the way he always hugged me. I miss those hugs and miss his being proud of me sometimes when I got a deer or something like that. I often wonder what he would have been like as a young man and look forward to seeing him after he is resurrected.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home