Life and Times

Monday, July 20, 2009

The Other Half

To most of us dating is not new. We are not teenagers most of us so we've been there done that. So if you were married for any length of time and then were divorced you have now a new situation. So we all go to different places because being normal we want to meet other people and of course loneliness gets to all of us and we search for a soul mate. Have you met that person? What is a soul mate? To me it is a person you can be with that makes you happy, you make them happy, you want to be with them even if it is just sitting on the couch watching a movie. When Ron and I married I didn't know if he was my soul mate. Now I know different. He accepts all my faults and still loves me. He knows me in every way. He knows when I'm having a bad day and tries to make it better. We go places together and we just hang together and we both love it. We just went to St. Augustine Florida, the oldest city in Florida. We just hung out at the hot tub at our hotel, watched tv and just relaxed but we were both happy with that. It was like being on a short honeymoon. We talked, hugged, held, and just plain enjoyed being for a day.
How many people have that these days? You have to take time to be a couple and to truely enjoy being together. With life as busy as it is and with kids and stress we all forget that we need time to get away from reality with our soul mate to just remember who they are and who we are together.
So my advice to anyone is that if you have met your soul mate, don't forget to spend time together alone to remember why you wanted that person and why you fell in love with that person in the first place. Sometimes it's only one day that you need but take the time before it's too late to remember.

1 Comments:

  • At July 27, 2009 at 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is true that a soulmate is a rare commodity in this life of ours. Sometimes even when you have found the one you want to spend your life with they can make you so mad you want to spit. They're still your soulmate, just not at that moment. I guess to me being able to be mad at someone and still love them and want to be with them means they are a soulmate.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home