Life and Times

Thursday, June 11, 2009

loved ones

There are many times when our loved ones will turn to us for advice or just to vent. In these times do we give the right advice? Do we truly listen to their problems? I have been faced with alot of hardships in the last year and more in the past and I turned to family and friends for help. I hope that through the daily things that happen I am there for my family if they need me. I know I have tried to be there for each and every one of them.
What do you do when you don't have the answers for that person? Do you make something up to try to make them feel better? I don't know the answer to that.
I wrote a blog a while back on myspace and later got slammed for that blog by people who don't know me. I was in pain and needed to get some feelings out about my grandson Koen who had passed away. The people who slammed me said that I was a horrible mother and that only the death of a child brought me to Oregon. Is that true? I had never seen Koen and because of that I was being slammed and told that I was a horrible person. Even though I had not seen Koen I loved him with all my heart. At that time I couldn't go to see him, not that I didn't want to every day. I also had not seen Ryan my older grandson. Does it make me a horrible person because I couldn't financially make the trip to see my grandchildren when they were born? I know I'm not a horrible person and I know if I had the resources to be there I would have when the babies were born.
Sometimes I have felt like a horrible mother and grandmother but I know deep down I'm not. I am a good person who is just trying to make it through life. My life doesn't allow me to trek across country often because it's expensive and much to my dismay I am not a millionaire.
I know my children love me and they turn to me for advice and help. So I think I must listen to loved ones when they need help. I dont' have all the answers but I can be there to listen. I have shoulders they can cry on.
When we are in pain we all tend to hide away and be alone. I know from experience it's not good to do that as we will get deeply depressed. The road to recovery from depression and sad things is to rely on our family and friends and turn to them when we need to talk and vent and cry.

Love your family. Love your friends. Keep all of them truly close to you because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Tell each and everyone of them that you love them. Life is short and sometimes too short for many. If you don't tell a loved one you love them and you are there for them and something happens to them you will regret it.

To all my family and friends,
I love you all and I'm here for you anytime you need me. I will do my best to help you in any way I can.

3 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2009 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Trish said...

    Liz you are a gift to us all. We all have problems and issues and none of us are perfect unfortunately. Thank you for being my best friend. I Love You!!!

     
  • At June 12, 2009 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Janna said...

    Yup, I second it! We all deal with each trial life brings us in different ways. It doesn't make us right or them wrong but just different. You have always been the sweet loveable Liz and haven't changed. It's very cruel for someone to take out their pain on you, especially when you were hurting. Love you...Jv

     
  • At July 2, 2009 at 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Liz,

    Ditto the above and from me I can only say that no matter what anyone says, you do what you are able to do in each and every circumstance. The decisions you make are what you are able to make at the time based on your situation, emotional ability, finances, etc. at the time. No one is there with you and no one really knows what is happening in your life, because only you are truly in that life. Trust that you have done the very best you personally can do and know that those who love you and truly know you know you are doing your best. We love you for who you are and nothing else. Ignore the others, they don't matter whatsoever. Love you your big sister

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home