Life and Times

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Going to doctors

I am one of those people that when I go to the doctor it does not bother me. I don't get nervous or anxious even with the dentist. As most women I go to my Gynecologist every year and I have mammograms every year. For the mammogram you are taken to a very small room, given a shawl basically and told to wait. A tech comes along and knocks on one door (there are 2) and takes you into this big room with very strange apperatus. This apperatus is the machine that squeezes you basically in order to get good films of the tissue. No regardless of what some women feel or say for me this is not painful, uncomfortable yes but not painful. When they get all the views they feel is necessary you are sent back to this little room to wait until the Radiologist looks at the films to see if he wants any different views because of any irregularities or differences. When I went this time I waited and I waited, and I waited. After probably half an hour the tech came back and said the Radiologist wanted a couple more views. These were taken and again I was sent back to the little room to wait. Finally, it seemed forever, the Radiologist knocked on the door and said that there were 2 very small spots that were not there previously which was the reason for the extra views. I was told he felt they were just cysts but wanted me to come back again for another mammogram in 6 months. Given all of this my nerves of course were fried. I did manage to go to work and actually get some work done. I know more than likely it's nothing but it still weighs on your mind and throws everything off. So here I am at 2 am writing blogs and watching tv since my brain doesn't want to shut off. When life throws you curves every day you get used to some of it but when it's a huge curve that is totally out of the realm it messes with your total system. You just have to focus on the positive and continue to do what you can to lead a "normal" life. Hang in there baby!! The sun shines every day some place!!

3 Comments:

  • At November 26, 2009 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Trish said...

    Worrying isn't going to change anything, of coure I know that I am not the person to say that because I am a worry wart, but you know you have a friend in me. Make sure you keep me posted on this.

     
  • At December 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Janna said...

    I guess it is about time I read your blog! Didn't know about this at all. I will pray for you that they are just cysts.
    Love you...

     
  • At January 1, 2010 at 3:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What do you tell doctor Sue last of all? I guess that is what I get for not watching the blogs as well as I should! Love you much.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home